Senior Data Engineer needed for remote opportunity with a comprehensive and growing software company.
Senior Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Participate in all design reviews and requirement sessions, as required.
- Understand database design, programming concepts, data modeling, and framework management.
- Communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical people in all levels of the organization.
- Create or update technical documentation for transition to support teams, including data flows and transformations.
- Design, develop, and test data pipeline solutions and automate data loading processes.
- Develop and implement an efficient migration process to move data pipeline objects from development to test and production environments.
- Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and application data models, and determine the best methods for integrating data to support internal and external analytical needs.
- Design and implement data models to support reporting, dashboarding, and integration needs.
- Develop automated data audit, testing, and validation processes.
- Stay up to date on ever evolving technologies and processes for managing data pipelines
Senior Data Engineer Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of data or software engineering experience.
- Expert SQL skills and database ETL/ELT
- Development experience with Java, Ruby, Python
- Experience leading development efforts – gathering requirements, analyzing solutions, and executing
- Additional Experience needed:
- Designing and developing complex data flows.
- Creating data models based on complex business entities.
- Large scale, complex data migration efforts.
- Loading data from internal / external APIs.
- Public cloud analytical database solutions (i.e., Snowflake, Redshift).
- Shell scripting.
- Excellent Analytical skills and Flexibility/Adaptability when working as a team.
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience with BI and Reporting Tools (i.e., Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik).
- Experience in delivering solutions based on Agile principles
- Experience with Kubernetes / containers